Sunday, February 20, 2011

Red Sofa With Dark Floor

On Any Sunday

Perhaps the best movie about road bikes is either "On Any Sunday" in which Steve McQueen and a group of buddies passing it as the Indians riding on a motorcycle. More than a film is a documentary which attempts to explain how much the fans hooked to the bikes. Probably this is the reason for the original title (translated means "On any given Sunday") who for some strange reason in Spain deformed as "Exhibit A" which means absolutely nothing. A pity.

The fact is that the film shows many types of specialties motorcyclists both field and road, and closes with images that would now be more false than the special effects of George Lucas, because they are just minutes from ending skids with three dirt bikes by completely unspoilt beaches. And now these beaches are not, and why we're not allowed to ride.

Anyway, completely recommended film, which took the title given to tell that this weekend there was no workshop. In particular, I had reached the upper end of the Impala, and José María was the birthday of his daughter, which server had little desire for tools. In addition, on Saturday foiled a bike ride with friends from "The Lever" because of the rain, and the monkey I was excursion, as I finished my shower I thought today was as good a day as any to make a few kilometers to the German, and I pulled his clothes road.

As I'm not from Madrid, and I rode a lot for the province, had no damn idea what route to select, so I decided to head to Rascafría, where dimly remembered that there was a winding road and worthwhile. The memory comes from the time we the red Ibiza, we are left with almost no brakes on that road, the beating he got. Were different times and still ran from time to time.

full tank at the petrol station Cea Bermúdez, Castellana exit onto Avenida de Burgos and highway to the turnoff to Rascafría. I'm sure there must be a more "curvy" to get there, but as a newbie I do not know it better. The fact is that I get to Rascafría with little curve right now ... just to meet a "natural chocolate factory" in one of the intersections of people, so I stop and buy two tablets because my little girl is as keen as his father. As shown in the photo, the day was clear but with some cloud. A lovely light to have stopped to do a lot more photos, because it gave a great contrast.


Before the entry into Rascafría took a while to see signs that marked "Port of Preserves" and "Navacerrada, and as it seemed an interesting route, so off we went The BMW and server. I did not know was that there was a considerable amount of snow even though the port was open. Such as that in the middle of the climb, about 1,500 meters, I found a Civil Guard Nissan signaling that a few meters above had gone to the gutter with a Chinese fragoneta dismissal. Signal was best to take it easy, because the center of the road was clear, but the snow hid even the white lines of the ditches. As a picture is worth a thousand words, things were more or less like this ...


guess for readers Siberian parents should not be much. But for the natives of the South, a landscape look like this and we freeze everything. The views are a marvel on this road, too. And as we slowly and carefully, it gives time to enjoy the countryside and stop time time to take a photo.

I'm not sure how many kilometers is between Rascafría and Navacerrada, but you may walk in twenties. Asphalt, in immaculate condition and well designed curves. As I approached the harbor, I first saw the bike off the alarm of possible ice, and stopped to take a picture. Brand 2.5 degrees, but I think the temperature sensor is a bit optimistic. At that moment wearing cuffs with full heating, although under gloves I had a fine polar. And I did not word on anything. :-)


And a little more to tell. I said: any given Sunday, which not was thanks to the company of the newcomer, who behaved like a true champion. 175 km, 5 liters per 100 of consumption and an average speed of just over 81 km / h to your door.


The next weekend we return to the wrench. That I have pending a settlement of accounts with a Cota 247 that I know ...

0 comments:

Post a Comment